Friday, October 19, 2012

Fate by Elizabeth Reyes


Vince: (In Iraq)
"Run!" a solider who jumped over him yelled.  He turned one last time, his terrified eyes meeting Vince's for an instant as more soldiers began running past him.  "Fucking run!"

Rose:
She was glad that the day she'd found out he went to Iraq she shredded every single one of his letters without even opening them.  She wouldn't put herself through reading even one more word from him.  She had to move on.

I must admit I have had this book queued on my Kindle since the day it came out.  I wanted to read it soooo bad!  I had been waiting for it for months!  But I didn't.  It stayed unopened for days, weeks even. I didn't want to read it!!!  I was scared!  I didn't want to read it because I didn't want it to end. Does that make any sense to anyone other than me?  Or am I the only weirdo?!?!  I love Elizabeth Reyes Moreno Brothers Series, and I mean LOVE THEM!!! Angel,  Alex, Sal, Romero, & (Noah and Gio) were my boys of summer! (I loved her 5th Street Series too!)  I read them all this summer and of course fell in love with Rose and Vince's blossoming romance in Making You Mine.  I couldn't wait for Fate.  Then when it was staring at me on my Kindle Fire the day it came out, I couldn't bring myself to read it knowing I was going to be sad when I finished. 

Staring at me every time I flipped though my carousel,  I broke down and finally read it, and of course I loved it!   I love how we were able to visit with all the Morenos again, even if it was just for a little while.  I like the way Elizabeth weaves from "Now" to "Then" to fill in pieces of the story that we missed when we met them in MYM.   Rose is a great character, she is a strong, smart girl who loves passionately those who are dear to her.  It is a good quality to posses.  Vince is a typical alpha male (love those Moreno boys!) who is so easily tamed by the girl he loves.  I really enjoyed how they took things slow, very slow in building their relationship. And because I was so convinced that their love would stand the test of time, I was sad when Vince messed up and put the relationship he cherished so much on the line and I was devastated when he and Rose had to part ways.  I love this book!  It was so good!  Now I am sad, like I knew I would be but I am again anxiously awaiting the next installment in the Fate series and waiting for Hector book 3 in Elizabeth's 5th Street Series.  Poor Elizabeth, cant write fast enough for me! 

Favorite quotes:
"You own me body and soul, Vincent.  There'll never be anyone else for me ever."  ~ Rose

" You own me, Rosie, body and soul, now and forever." ~ Vince

Book in the Freezer moment:
 The book in the freezer moment for me was (and there were a two) when Vince was busted in another girls room. (I wanted to cry!)  And when the bomb hit Vince and Will in Iraq (I did cry.)

Review by Austenite:
Margie *o*

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the AWESOME review! Sorry it made you cry. =(

    <3

    ReplyDelete